This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
The American Trail Running Association (ATRA) was formed in 1996 as a non-profit corporation to serve the mountain, ultra & trail (MUT) running community and support the sustainable growth of our sport.
Our goals are:
- To ensure organized trail runs are conducted in a fun, safe and sustainable manner.
- To be a source of up to date information about trail running.
- To be sensitive to the environmental impact of our sport.
- To provide a forum where the business of trail running can be discussed and organized.
- To support elite athletes & mountain, ultra, trail national teams through fundraising.
- To create and nurture alliances with related organizations & associations.
- To inform the broader running and outdoor community as well as to media and non-running organizations about trail running.
- To increase recreational participation in the sport of trail running.
- To provide opportunities for under-represented groups to enjoy trail running.
While ATRA is not a National Athletics Federation (NAF) we do work closely with USA Track & Field (USATF) on their mountain, ultra and trail running national championship and international team programs. ATRA founder Nancy Hobbs is chairperson of USATF's mountain, ultra, trail running council (MUT Council).