Click to the regions areas or marks to visualize the informations for each place
|This is an open directory so everybody can benefit from collective knowledge to implement a more environmentally friendly practice. If you have some knowledge, tipos or informations that can complete this list, please share it with all.|
Some areas might have access restrictions or practice recommendations for its preservation. The land erosion, the protection of the species living there or the pollution risks.
In general common sense will tell us what we can do or not; do not leave any trash, do not take any flora, do not disturb other animals, do not destroy sensitive erosion areas… But each region has its particularities that we might not be aware of. The ecosystems of each region is different and what applies for one might not be the same in another.
Some of those restrictions might be seasonal, for example during the reproduction season of a specific bird. Or local, like a limited area with restricted access due to land erosion or high pollution risk.
How do I know?
Ask! The municipality or regional authorities will know if it is some restrictions or recommendations to practice a sport in the wilderness areas. Police officers, national park rangers, forest agents or in the information and visitors centers should be able to tell you if such restrictions exist.
Many walls were we climb around the globe are home to different birds. During some periods, when fasting the babies, to climb there might disturb them and endanger their survival. Ask at the municipality, parc or local climbers at what routes it is restricted to climb.
Educate! If you see someone not following the rules or recommendations tell him or her friendly how to do and why. It might be very possible that in the region where they’re from the ecosystem is different and rules and recommendations are others.
Here some local informations:
- Look for the rules, regulations, laws or recommendations when entering a public land (National Park, National trail…) https://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm
- Arizona: https://www.azgfd.com/wildlife/speciesofgreatestconservneed/baldeagles/seasonalclosures/
- National Parks: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/voyage-travel/regles-rules
- Jasper National Park: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/jasper/securite-safety/reglements-regulations
- map: https://www.zones-de-tranquillite.ch
- Climbing seasonal restrictions: https://www.sac-cas.ch/fr/cabanes-et-courses/portail-des-courses-du-cas/mesures-de-protection/
- Recomendations for specific activities: https://www.sac-cas.ch/fr/environnement/sports-de-montagne-et-environnement/
- Alps, map with zones: https://biodiv-sports.fr the infos are also in the routes of the apps Whympr or Camptocamp.org
- Vosges: https://quietudeattitude.fr/je-localise-les-zones-sensibles/
- Climbing: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/bmc-regional-access-database?s=2
- map: https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/
- Climbing: https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/map/
- Climbing in Montserrat: http://muntanyamontserrat.gencat.cat/ca/el_parc/escalada/
- Montserrat restrictions map: Mapa interactiu de la regulació de l’escalada
- Mallorca: https://fbmweb.com/index.php/regulacio-barranquisme-i-escalada-dins-lambit-del-paratge-natural-de-la-serra-de-tramuntana/
- Climbing in Catalunya: http://mediambient.gencat.cat/web/.content/home/ambits_dactuacio/patrimoni_natural/fauna_salvatge_autoctona/autoritzacions_permisos_indemnitzacions/activitats_esportives/23.pdf
- Natural parks in Catalunya: look for “normes i consells” at each park in the bottom of the page: http://parcsnaturals.gencat.cat/ca/visiteu-nos/consells/index.html
- Sierra de Guadarrama: https://www.parquenacionalsierraguadarrama.es/es/administracion/actividades-prug
Map of world’s protected areas: https://www.protectedplanet.net
DO YOU HAVE MORE LINKS OR INFOS? LET EVERYONE KNOW!